Sunday, April 20, 2014

Half-Moon Nails: My Pinterest Contribution


 Start with fresh nails and pick two colors that have a decent contrast.
 You will also need reinforcement labels.
 Paint a first coat of the lighter color.
 Add a second coat and let it dry.
 Apply the reinforcement labels to each finger with the top of the circle just covering the bottom of your nail.

 Paint the second color on to your nails over the labels.
 Apply two coats and let dry.
 Once dry, remove the labels and you're set!


Uploaded on Pinterest!
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/548805904564175407/


            If there is one thing that I learned from this project, it is that "DIY-ing" something does not always have to be as hard as it looks.  Often times when I go on Pinterest, I see and pin a lot of cute and crafty things, but never actually take the time to look at them and physically do them.  I like to think that one day I will, but time after time it never happens.  I always just assume that the projects will be too complicated and/or expensive, and never give them a chance.  This assignment has taught me differently.  Thanks to picking homemade t-shirt designs as my craft of choice, I was truly able to see how there is a DIY craft for every budget and level of skill.
             Now that the project has come to an end, I am left with three unique t-shirts that I am able to say I cut, sewed, tied, and beaded myself.  Although they are nothing fancy, there is a great deal of satisfaction that comes along with that, and it is a sort of rush that makes me want to continue to try my hand at these DIY crafts.  Now that I know some of my abilities, I feel that I may be able to step up my game as far as the level of difficulty.  I am also proud to say that I feel this project was a form of recycling.  The shirts that I used were old, random t-shirts that I had just collected from different events from over the years.  I only wore them to bed, if they even ever made it out of my closet.  However, now that they have had a makeover, I really look forward to wearing them either to the beach or just on a casual summer day.  I have already gotten compliments on them, and people have been shocked when they find out that I made them.  Overall, I am very pleased with the results of this project and especially with what it taught me.

No comments:

Post a Comment