Sunday, September 22, 2013

Ten Thousand Examples of Talent

While scrolling down videoartes.com, the first thing that caught my eye was obviously the frozen image of an overly dramatic girl with ridiculously exaggerated tears of mascara scribbled down her cheeks.  So of course I had to click on it, and, just like almost everything else we are assigned to watch in this class, of course it blew my mind.  I cannot even fathom the technological and artistic talent it took to not only come up with a story line, but to take the pictures and piece them together to create such an awesome animation.  To me, this seems like something not everyone could do.  I feel that the artist had a vision in mind; a clear idea of what she wanted it to look like, and all she had to do was put her ideas into action.  I feel that this sort of a project isn't just something you can create on a whim, which is how I usually do anything and everything.  I am a HUGE fan of stop motion, and I truly respect artists that do it so well because I am aware of how tedious and time consuming it is. This art needed planning, and the end result was honestly incredible.  



No comments:

Post a Comment