Thursday, September 12, 2013

Almost Magic

       The concept of the camera obscura is still completely baffling to me.  Incredibly fascinating, but baffling.  It is almost as if it is a magic trick that I just need to see to believe.  That being said, I am still aware that it is science behind this incredible phenomena.  As the pictures were shown to us in class, my jaw dropped to the desk.  And don't even get me started about my internal reaction to the video that showed how it was done!  Unbelievable.  Now that I am looking through the camera obscura work of Abelardo Morell, I am in no less awe than I was in Wednesday's class.  His work is not only amazing because of the skill it takes to create a camera obscure, but also because of the beautiful images he chose to shoot.  As a native New Yorker, my favorites were all of the photos shot in my city.  Here a just a few to take in and enjoy:




Among these I could not pick a favorite.  They are all gorgeous, each one is unique... and made with magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment