Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pinterest: Week 1

The goal of my Pinterest project is to stick to a theme of clothing.  Pinterest is loaded with DIY t-shirt designs, and considering my "ballin' on a budget" economic status, I figure that they are something everyone has lying around and this therefore won't be a pricey project.  I have collected 3 of my own -shirts to begin cutting and transforming, and hope to collect more from the neighbors in my hall.  I expect the t-shirts to take about an hour each, and so I will create 6 different t-shirt designs.  These are just a few that I hope to accomplish: 










I actually planned to do more than one t-shirt this weekend, but this one took a surprisingly long time to finish.  The tricky part was all in the beads; it took hours to get each piece of cloth to fit through the tiny beads, and then to eventually tie the two pieces together.  The shirt probably took about 3 hours, but since it is so simple looking I will definitely be making more things than needed for the 6 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment