Monday, March 17, 2014

Forever my Favorite

                 By the technical definition of a gamer, which states that it is anyone who "plays a game or games, typically a participant in a computer or role-playing game," then I can definitely give myself this title.  However, in today's society, a true gamer is someone who devotes the majority of their time to playing and beating games.  No matter how busy their schedule, they make time for playing games, and they take up most of their money, conversations, and thoughts.  This is something I cannot define myself as.  That being said, I have always grown up with computer and video games in the house, and once in a while I really do enjoy playing.  My favorite video game of all time would have to be Mario Kart.  Currently I have Mario Kart 7 for the Wii, and I don't think it would be that difficult for me to play for days at a time.  There are so many things to love about the game, the first of which, is that it is really simple to grasp.  For someone who is not the greatest at video games and understanding all the buttons and combinations, I can proudly say that Mario Kart is easy to catch on to.  Another reason I love it is that whether you play with up to 3 other people or alone, the game is just as fast-paced and competitive (though I do love playing with friends much more).  The main reason I love the game is because it has all of the intensity and thrill of a racing competition, with the fun sounds, classic characters, and colorful graphics of Mario.  The first of the game's series, Super Mario Kart, was released in August of 1992, and the latest, Mario Kart 8, is set to be released in May of this year. Since the beginning of Mario and Luigi, the many games that involve the brothers have had a huge cultural impact on people everywhere.  Not are they one the most popular and well known game series around the world, but they have become a part of everyday life.  You can go anywhere to find a shirt, a backpack, a keychain, a hat, and pretty much any other wearable or usable object with a scene or character from one of the Mario games.  The theme song is extremely well-known and recreated and re-used by millions of people.  And, of course, the characters are a halloween favorite.  Overall, the love of the game has shown through our culture and through the lives of the gamers everywhere.  No matter how old I get, I am sure that Mario Kart will forever be my favorite video game.



No comments:

Post a Comment