Monday, October 21, 2013

Grid Art Attempt





When first assigned the grid art project, I was actually really excited.  I had a picture completely planned out in my head and I immediately went out to buy tiles to create it.  However, not surprisingly for myself, I rushed into it and began the project completely wrong, sketching on top of the grid as opposed to using the grid.  I was pretty lost after discovering this and had no idea what else to do.  In a rush to start the assignment, I bought packs of sticky notes, cut them in half, and arranged them on my wall in a grid.  I drew the first thing that came to mind: our own Plant Hall.  Well, what is supposed to look like one of the parts of Plant Hall (the gray blob is a minaret).  It's simple, but given the fact that it was very last minute it was really the best I could do.



First attempt with tiles 





I know it looks like the work of a kindergartener, but I really tried! 

No comments:

Post a Comment