Thursday, August 29, 2013

A Unique Take on Multimedia

          Before my first day in this class, if I were to be asked what multimedia was defined as, I surely would have kept my answer limited to things such as television, computers, animation, and pretty much anything else involving a screen.  However, with my new understanding that multimedia is actually "a series of time controlling tools working in synergy," I see the world in a completely different light.  When examining Juan Carlos Delgado's work that is considered to be multimedia, I was blown away.  The detailed, bronze bust of the beautiful young girl could be considered a masterpiece all on its own, yet Juan Carlos did not stop there.  By attaching the bust to a refrigerator, in my opinion something only a creative genius could think of, he created multimedia.  Over time, the bust formed more and more frost, and it still fascinates me how all of this was thought up and made possible.  Before long, the once bronze girl turned completely white with snow; the tiny ice crystals looking like tiny works of art all by themselves.  This entire project is clearly multimedia because Juan Carlos Delgado took tools, such as the refrigerator and anything needed to sculpt the bust, and used them together to create a piece that would change over a period of time.  He clearly had a vision and he used multimedia to make it come to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment