Monday, December 2, 2013

Tumblr Findings








My daily explorations on tumblr had me stumble across this beautiful series of photographs using the camera obscura.  It is titled Guest Relations and is by the artist Robyn Stacey.  I immediately felt the need to blog about it because before taking this class I would have just assumed that these were done using a simple projector.  Now, I can immediately recognize a camera obscura series when I see one, and even understand how it is done.  I really enjoy Stacey's use of people in her pictures because it brings a new element that I have never seen before.  Also, I love how the color and liveliness of the scenery from the outdoors contrasts with the very plain and dull interiors.  I'm always finding great things on tumblr, but I was SO excited when I came across this!

No comments:

Post a Comment